Topband: HF Beacons for topband use and others

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HF Beacons for topband use and others
From: Dennis G. Peterson" <k0ckdennis@machlink.com (Dennis G. Peterson)
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 12:08:22 -0500
There have been several postings regarding the use of beacons for =
topband/160 meter use.  I happened to remember that I had a message from =
someone several months ago with information regarding same and had saved =
it to a special beacon file.

I have just posted to my web page the link where you can find and =
download, save or print out a 7 page listing of beacons all the way from =
1.8 through 28.302.

These beacons include freq; call; town; grid loc; ant used; directivity; =
mode; and status.  G3USF has made it possible with this list.

I will give two ways to find this list;

1.    go to my web page and select links and then select G3USF's =
Worldwide List of HF Beacons

2. select the following URL address
http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/por/28.htm

Hope this is what everyone is looking for.  There are also some =
carribbean stations in the AM broadcast region that makes for good =
beacons and also above 2.000 the Australian broadcast region is a good =
source. =20

I also like to listen on 6.532 which is an aeronautical frequency which =
allows me to listen to commercial jets taking off and landing from =
Australia, Japan, Indonesia, Hawaii etc etc.  Quite interesting and =
worth listening to.

73s and good luck   Dennis    K=D8CKD