Topband: Mailman Update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Mailman Update
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 23:24:11 -0400
Hi All!

     We had some problems with subscription list transfer and subscribers to
other
contesting.com lists were accidently included.  I stopped forwarding all
posts until
we got the subscription list fixed.

     Mailman will not allow me to strip off attached messages.  In the interest
of subscribers who still pay by the Kbyte, I am bouncing back to originators all
posts with unedited copies of previous messages.  If you want your post to go
through, either delete completely or edit (like W8JI does) the RELEVANT portion
of previous posts.  This is common courtesy and please learn to do it if you
want
to post on this reflector.  An update to Mailman WILL allow editing out attached
messages in the future but for now this is the way it's going to be.  Thanks
for your
consideration of many overseas subscribers who do have limits on their
bandwidth.

                      73,  Bill  W4ZV