Topband: Collins 75A4

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Collins 75A4
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:24:55 -0400
I've only spent a small amount of time in comparative listening sessions
with my unmodified 75A4, 1000MP and a few other rigs in the shack hooked up
to a Beverage.  The listening that I did do indicated that weak cw signals
on a noisy 160M often could be read on a 75A4 when the same signal could be
"heard" but not "read" on the other receivers.  I won't even begin to
hypothesize why this may be so - it's just an observation.  But it made me
believe that in specific terms of weak signal reception on Topband in the
presence of noise, current rigs on the market are missing something, as
might be current testing methodologies.

73,
Barry  N1EU