Topband: 160m 4-Square

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m 4-Square
From: Bill@aa6tt.com (William Hein, AA6TT)
Date: 18 Aug 2001 17:30:42 -0700
Matt KC1XX and his crew were at my Vermont farm last week and we got the 160m
4-Square Array tower bases in the ground.  Hope to have the whole array on the
air by the end of September.

After reviewing all the phased vertical array info I could get my hands on and
also after soliciting comments from the TopBand reflector, I decided on an
elevated radial system sloping down from an elevated 1/4-wave vertical (ranging
from 25' to 44' above sloping ground).

Wonder how my array will compare on the air to the 4-Square Array that a
well-known Top Band DXer is building on Prince Edward Island?

C U on the band.

Bill AA6TT

William H. Hein, AA6TT
10 Clark Road