Topband: Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antennas
From: w7iuv@earthlink.net (Larry Molitor)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:59:51 +0000
At 11:29 AM 8/28/01 -0300, Herb Schoenbohm wrote:
>  However an
>improvement in the radiation resistance can be observed when the sloping
>wires are less than 30 per cent and if all four wires are connected
>with  horizontal jumpers  around the perimeter of the tower side of the
>insulators of the four sloping wires.  These wires more than make up for
>the slope loss cancellation by allowing a much larger profile capacity
>hat and by being parallel to the ground.

Herb,

I've never tried this because in every instance where I needed a "hat", I
have been limited to only two drooping wires.

Is this data from computer modeling or actual measurement? Is the 30
percent you refer to slope or percent of vertical section covered? If
slope, then how far can you carry this concept, with respect to percentage
of vertical section covered? Is the effect proportional with respect to the
number of wires, 3,4,5 etc?

thanks,

Larry - W7IUV