Topband: 3D2 on 160m

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3D2 on 160m
From: ni6t@intuitive.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:55:06 +0000
Nick:

That antenna, I believe, was the intended 80m antenna. The last thing I heard
from Hrane before he left Serbia was that he would "try" to connect a droop wire
to it and use it on 160. I had argued that any vertical would outperform the
inverted vee he had planned to use on 160.

The postings on OH2AQ have suggested---at least to me---- that they were indeed
on both bands at once. And it has been reported that they have two verticals.
Nenad's news update on his web page suggests that one may be mounted on the
rusted hulk of a wrecked maru out in the lagoon.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: 10/9/2001 Time: 3:40:20 PM +01.00
                   Work on 80 and 160m is o-kay. They have 2 stations separated
                   each other 150mtrs and vertical antennas. They are also using
old
                   scelets of wrecked ships in a water as perfect ground system.
The
                   only problem is lack of power, so the signals are weak.
Please be
                   patient and try few times to work them.

I remember that hulk, as we waded out to it one day, near the end of our 1995
trip.

The other message from Nenad is:

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: 10/9/2001 Time: 3:42:18 PM +01.00
                   Latest news is that they will probably extend the work untill
12.10.
                   if the weather situation permits. Lot of thundersrtucks were
heard
                   from YA.

The good news is that it is 0749Z on the 10th, and they are still QRV, so it
appears that they are not leaving just yet.

That URL is:

http://www.kragujevac.co.yu/3d2/vesti/index.asp

Garry, NI6T