Topband: T88ZY this morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: T88ZY this morning
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:39:39 EDT
Did anyone get through this morning??  I listened to T88ZY from around 12:45Z
to 13:18Z this morning......he really came up around 13:10, just before the
solar disk broke the horizon, but no luck even with several opportunities in
the clear-

There were 4 or 5 of us in W6/W7 calling him to no avail- his best signal was
559 at one point, and had the classic peak towards sunrise.  Short of there
being a thunderstorm over the island, or them/us being on the wrong VFO, hard
to see how they didn't hear us........must be a lot of noise out there for
such a good signal not to hear at least the W6's calling.    I did work Jim
VK9NS this morning at around 10:37Z....Jim had a better signal on 160 this
morning then he had on 80 meters just a short time before he showed up on
topband-  73 all and GL CQWWSSB- Might do a 160SOSB from here, but has
potential to be very, very boring with solar flares hitting landlocked RF
blackhole Wyo- - Why do 10 meters in these conditions, right?  Go single op
below 7MHz and enjoy the challenge! hi

Paul  N0AH/7
Carpenter, Wyoming