Topband: 160 Meter RX Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Meter RX Antenna
From: bgkurz@epix.net (Kurzenknabe, Barbara and Glenn)
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:02:44 -0500
I would use a K9AY array if I didn't have deer that would tear it down
the first day!
This is the second season for my Pennant on Europe.  I use a K1FZ
matching network and
an ARR 20 dB pre-amp. The pre-amp make all the difference in the
world.    With condx. being so poor, I can't give you any performance
reports to speak of, however last season, I was very impressed.   I put
up three 10X50X10 EWE's for this season on Africa, JA and VK/ZL.  They
seem to work, but again with poor condx. I can't say for sure.  From my
point, you can't go wrong with a Pennant!
73 de Glenn, K3SWZ