Topband: Dedicated topband transceiver

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Dedicated topband transceiver
From: dan@anwireless.com (Dan Simmonds)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:51:23 +0000
A tad off topic perhaps from Tom's cw key click info, but I have personally
owned 4 Kenwood TS-570 rigs (both 570D and 570S) all purchased new, and all
used on Topband, and every one of them was very poor on cw. I didn't notice
any actual key clicks, but what would happen was the TX would lock up and
the internal keyer would stay keyed by itself, but only in semi QSK. The
cure to this was to operate full break in and the problem went away, but
it's still a sloppy design and something surely easily fixed. The dealer I
purchased from didn't believe me when I told them of this problem - that's
the worst part of it all!

73, Dan KK3AN