Topband: Beverage above the fence

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage above the fence
From: rtym@ippt.gov.pl (Ryszard Tymkiewicz)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:24:20 +0100
Only solution for me to have a Beverage in South-North direction
 is to erect it on  a fence. I'm using such system /only during Winter
Season/since 8 years. The Beverage is two wires antenna spaced
30 cm and directed to the South,its switched  North-South.
The distance above the fence is 140m and the rest 20m is in an open area.
Wires are about 1,5 meter above the fence. I don't know how it would
work in an open area but in my case they are working quite well.
Most of KL7',KH6 I was able to hear only using that Beverage.
When switched the difference between South and North is
usually not worse than 5-6 S.

               73 Rys
               SP5EWY