Topband: Ground resistance measurements of Beverage Antenna?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ground resistance measurements of Beverage Antenna?
From: 00tlzivney@bsu.edu (Zivney, Terry L.)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:22:28 -0500
Has anyone ever measured (with an ohmmeter)
the resistance between the two ground rods of
a Beverage antenna system?

Connecting the 14AWG wire directly to the far
end ground rod (without a resistor) and
measuring the resistance between the receiver
end ground rod and the 14AWG wire, I measure
about 350 ohms.  Is this typical?  I am using
1/2" copper tubing 5' long as ground rods, and
the ground rods are 500' apart.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9