Topband: Band plan

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Band plan
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte K9OT)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:25:55 -0600
As a low power entry in the 160m contests that I enter I look at your band
plan this way. You want the dx to listen up. Well have you ever been on a
frequency for hours and all of a sudden a whole pile of stations start
calling and do not ask if the frequency is in use? at low power the dx
station may not even know if you are there and the people calling him do not
care who they step on.  I have always heard working split in a contest was
not in good standing.  I have no problem with no ssb below 1843 but that
should be ALL not just us stations. Ken N4UK said it very well. I did not
submit any comment to the FCC on the band plan but now I see it as a very
selfish move by a few to make it better for them. By the way I did work 2
new ones for me on cw amid all the ssb splatter. 73 Paul k9ot