SV: Topband: Band plan violations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: Topband: Band plan violations
From: oforr@online.no (Ole Forr)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:42:40 +0100
-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Dave Henderson (by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
<nr1dx@tellink.net>
Til: topband@contesting.com <topband@contesting.com>
Dato: 24. februar 2002 22:00
Emne: Topband: Band plan violations

>. Thanks to OT2T who finally started listening up.

The real problem is that you were working a "pirate".  NO EU stations are
allowed to work SSB below 1840 according to the IARU REGION 1 BAND PLAN.  If EU
stations should followed the plan they have had the 1840 - 1850 segment to
operate inside.  In Norway we have got permisson to work from 1840 - 2000 kHz
with  1000 watts SSB DURING THE 4 MAIN SSB CONTESTS.  At the IARU Reg. 1
meating at Lillehammer some years ago Norway tryed to get enough votes to allow
to use SSB during the contests between 1810 and up.  We did not get enough
votes and I know the countries who vote against this. (Still a lot of this
countries BIGG CONTEST STATIONS operate below 1840.  As far as I know the "Band
plan" is only a recomadation ?  Could it be a "Gentelman agreement" to set the
bandplan aside during the SSB contest's, as I said before it's only 4 weekends
a year ??  In Europe we have NO problems with SSB operators below 1840 357 days
pr. year, hi.  The problem on 160 SSB is not the activity it's more the lack of
activity.  And to the last.  WHY is not the "DX" operating SSB??

LA6EIA OLE
(I love operating SSB on 160!!)