Topband: Rx Antenna Reality Check? :o)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rx Antenna Reality Check? :o)
From: otterstad@enter.vg (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:01:19 +0100
Barry makes a good point that few of the "send your call till the smoke
runs out of your amp" crowd will ever figure out I guess. OD5/OK1MU had an
interesting approach to mining the hearing problem last night . He
regularly announced changes in his QSX freq. Sometimes QSX UP 2 or 3 and
then suddenly announce QSX DOWN 1 or 2. It was interesting to listen and
see which stations consistently were calling (and calling ,and calling ,
and calling) on the wrong QSX...so....
much time listening to who he is working as you do listening to the DX you
are trying to work.

I did the same thing from JW5HE to reduce the fatigue when JW was a rare one
on the newer bands. It was people calling "wall to wall", but  by transmitting
QSX    "  XYZ " i managed to get the pile up down to a level, that even this
old fart could handle !  hi

I learned it from Einar LA1EE, who used it from Peter 1 the first time that
came on the air. It works wonders , when done properly.

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com

or  http://www.visitnorway.com