Topband: Noisy dimmer switches and RFI

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noisy dimmer switches and RFI
From: w8car@buckeye-express.com (DAN KOVATCH)
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 06:37:24 -0500
I had this problem when I first moved into my home in 1993. I replaced
about 3 dimmers. ALL dimmers SHOULD be RFI proofed. Go to Lowes or Home
Depot and buy good quality dimmers with metal enclosures. Usually they
are marked with something that indicates they  have a filter inside. All
currently manufactured dimmers should have filters in them. I also found
that if they(the noisy dimmers) were OFF or FULL on the noise went away.
This may just have been my particular setup.
--
Dan Kovatch
en81 Erie County OH