Topband: Antenna Measurements

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna Measurements
From: ap231@freenet.carleton.ca (Robert Kavanagh)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:49:36 -0500
Further to the comments by W1FJ and K8GG, I own a very old General Radio RF
Bridge, Model 916A. It is probably at least 50 years old but still works
very well. I use it regularly for checking the health of my 160 inverted L
and my beverage, testing coax, building matching networks, etc. A recent
check against an AEA antenna analyzer confirms that if you want accurate
information about an antenna an RF bridge is necessary. The AEA analyzer is
a nice instrument and easy to use but it is essential to take into account
its limitations, as specified by the manufacturer.

My GR Bridge cost me about $30 in an auction. Quite a bargain !

Bob, VE3OSZ