Topband: H40XX info

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: H40XX info
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:48:16 +0000
I caught Nick on 20m cw from the mobile on way home from work around 0630z,
and he explained that he was having serious problems with the island's
power supply shutting down at night. We did give it a try at his sunset,
0730z, but no luck. Around 0810z N7JW made a QSO (congrats Jim!). Kept
watch through the night -- conditions were very quiet, with a K index of
zero -- but no further sign of activity, and as sunrise approached (1052z)
Nick was spotted on 10m cw by some Europeans.

Nick told me he was leaving the island in two days.

73/Jon AA1K