Topband: K1B prop

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K1B prop
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (tombaugh)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 06:59:44 -0500
Yesterday when a local ham informed our club that he worked K1B on 100W and
heard 599 Sigs,
I was so discouraged that I had taken my toploaded phased verticals down for
mowing season.
On a whim I listened on a low dipole this morning and heard 559 sigs from
K1B.
When he began to CQ with no replies I figured I'd try even If I only burned
a hole in the ionosphere with 100W.
To my surprise with a ..--.. ? and after a correction on the last letter
from D to B, they're in the log. This is a testament to the possibilities if
you'll only try. Thanks for the great Ears K1B and another new one in the
Log.

Tom Baugh
AE9B