Topband: New limits on VK Hams

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New limits on VK Hams
From: sire@iinet.net.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 07:03:36 +0800
At 02:21 PM 28/06/2002 -0400, you wrote:
K1HTV writes:

>Did anyone else catch this item from Q-News Australia, by Graham Kemp
>VK4BB, as reported on the Amateur Radio Newsline?  It doesn't look good
>for our fellow VK Topbanders or, in fact VK HF ops in general.
>Talk about a way to reduce the number of active Hams!
>73 de Rich - K1HTV
>- - -
>REGULATORY:  VK HAMS FACE NEW MANDATORY RF EXPOSURE LIMITS
>
>Hams in Australia are about to face some of the toughest electromagnetic
>exposure regulation found anywhere in the world.  The idea is to protect
>people from R-F.  Q-News Graham Kemp, VK4BB, has the details:

SNIP

G'day all

Luckily most topbanders in Australia - myself included - live in semi-rural
situations and the new regulations have no impact.

However, I would add that, in my experience, the governing body, the
Australian Communications Authority, has paid little or no notice to what
radio amateurs have said since its creation (in comparison to the old and
much more amateur-friendly Spectrum Management Agency).  They may find some
Australia radio amateurs living in suburbia will now pay them the same
courtesy.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ