Topband: Ionospheric and geophysical data versus 160m propagation condit

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ionospheric and geophysical data versus 160m propagation conditions
From: py2cw160@terra.com.br (py2cw160 "Mac")
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:54:49 +0100
Hi folks
                Is there any correlation between top band propagation =
conditions
versus solar activity, ionospheric conditions, geophysical activity, =
etc???
Presently, we have a lot of information such as real time solar flux =
indices etc. available in the web. Which are the most relevant to be =
watched to the objective of "go to the shack" looking for "openings" in =
top band???
Who made an statistical analysis comparing better 160 propag. cndx
versus those indices? Back in the seventies i tried to correlate WWV
data to my log (as pt2fru). I remember very well when qso'd in phone =
with 100W many dx stations during a "geomagnetic storm", but was the =
only opportunity and this is not statistically "safe".
                                                                         =
                             py2cw "Mac"

multipart/alternative
  text/html