Topband: DXpedition to 4U1UN

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DXpedition to 4U1UN
From: sire@iinet.net.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 07:43:22 +0800
W1JR said:

>It would be wonderful to see 4U1UN ON THE AIR NOWADAYS ON ANY MODE OR BAND!
>In the last 5 years or so, they are rarer than SV2ASP/A! The active
>operators no longer work at the UN in NYC and the very few operations are
>by visitors who are UN members. Outsiders aren't welcomed and I hear the
>station and especially antennas are not conducive to a DX operation.
>
>Let's hope that as it climbs the Most Wanted List that someone finds a way
>to activate 4U1UN.

G'day Joe

Thanks very much for the information on 4U1UN - very interesting.

There are a few operators who are involved with the UN overseas who are
keen topbanders and DXpeditioners, like Mark ON4WW and Robert S59R.  When
they have some breathing space, maybe we would suggest a DXpedition to
4U1UN to them?!

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ