Topband: Re: Noise isolation transformers

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Noise isolation transformers
From: MarkWA1ION@aol.com (MarkWA1ION@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:25:33 EDT
Hi Les.  I haven't had any experience with balanced
shielded cable feedlines. I have used regular balanced
twinlead that was not shielded (300 ohm TV line, 450/600
ohm open wire line, etc.)

300-ohm twinlead results were generally good with a Pennant
antenna.  See "http://members.aol.com/DXerCapeCod/pennant.pdf";.

What about just using coaxial cable with transformers at
both ends and one or more "coaxial chokes" consisting of
16 turns of RG-174 on an FT-140-75(J) toroid ?  See John
Bryant's "Is Your Coaxial Lead-In Actually an Antenna ?"
article at "http://www3.telus.net/7dxr/ircatech/snake.pdf";.

I'd say try several approaches, then let everyone know
which worked the best.

Mark, WA1ION

<<
  Subj:    Re: Noise isolation transformers