Topband: Hay Bale Twine as guy wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hay Bale Twine as guy wire
From: W8UVZ@voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:22:20 -0400
Hi John

We in Battle Creek agree.  The dacron rope purchased from the firm you
list is the best way to guy small verticals.  I used both 1/8" and 5/32"
to guy my 80 M verticals - Charlie (W0CD) used it as well on his 80/160M
triangular array..  His system has been up over 15 years and with a
little help, all the knots come loose.

We also noticed minimum stretch with this stuff.

I would wonder if the "baling twine" would come even close to giving
this kind of service.  I'd rather have the assurance that my precious
verticals would stay up, than save a few bucks on the guy system.

73  George  W8UVZ