Topband: Use of the RCS-4 for Remote Beverages?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Use of the RCS-4 for Remote Beverages?
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:06:00 EDT
I used the old cableless Heathkit remote switch for a while, until it got hit
by lightning.  It didn't work too well after that.  The problem I see with
using anything other than cheap surplus relays is that beverages are rather
attractive to lightning and that you will be buying lots of boxes.  The cheap
relays are ....well....cheaper to replace.

I would also be interested in hearing about using the one transformer for all
four.  I suspect there is a problem but I'm not an expert.

Bill K4XS