Topband: 160 Propagation & Weather

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Propagation & Weather
From: charlesh3@msn.com (Charles Hutton)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 07:00:27 -0500
Hi Mike:

Of course there is nothing wrong with review papers. I read them all the
time for quick education and catch-up, and I'm always in need of one or the
other.....

But the original subject that I was discussing is:

        "Thomas KN4LF Says: As a retired Meteorologist and Space Weather
Forecaster
I can say that temperature and moisture discontinuities in the vicinity of a
cold front can refract 160 meter signals in unpredictable ways."

The Russian paper didn't touch on that subject, if my attention didn't
wander too much while scanning it. I'm still curious as to whether there are
studies on the long term effects of cold fronts, as opposed to the short
term effects of lightning which is what some of the comments so far have
been about.

Chuck