Topband: Inverted L reception

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted L reception
From: Jose Ng Lee" <hp2cwb@cwpanama.net (Jose Ng Lee)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 14:53:44 -0500
Hi,

I recently put up an Inverted L antenna for 160 meters to try to work =
100 entities for DXCC.  With this antenna, I can copy OK the US and =
CARIBBEAN stations but I haven't yet heard anything from EUROPE or =
AFRICA.  Tried hard to copy 3XY7C signal several days, and other =
stations from EUROPE and AFRICA that the US stations were working but I =
didn't heard a whisper from them on my Inverted L antenna.  Do I have =
some problems with my Inverted L antenna?  Do I have to orient the =
horizontal section of my inverted L into another direction to copy =
EUROPE or AFRICA signals?  Or the propagation is just not here for me to =
EUROPE or AFRICA?

What time of the year or month is propagation good from Central America =
to EUROPE? Last time, I operated sporadically on 160m was on 1992, 1993, =
1996, 1997 with mostly US stations worked so don't have much experienced =
on 160m propagation.

Any advice will be aprreciated,

Thanks,

JOSE / HP2CWB