Topband: Inverted L Directivity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted L Directivity
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:48:55 +0100
Admitting the inverted L lenght is such to determine enough current flow in
the horizontal section, how does this field can have the same polarization
and consistent energy to add "efficiently" with that produced in the
vertical portion?
More important, what's the practical impact of this at low elevation angles?
Which kind of directivity finally has an horizontal radiator lower than
1/4WL from ground in respect of high angle signal arrivals ?
If I were modeling this I'd consider separately polarizations, note the
absolute energy involved and check what happens on the H plane for
elevations within 10 and 30 degrees.
Is there someone that really believes to positively use an invL
directivity?

73,
Mauri I4JMY