Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #462 - 4 msgs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #462 - 4 msgs
From: Telegrapher9@aol.com (Telegrapher9@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 08:42:41 EST
I like to think of the Beverage antenna as nothing more than a directional
coupler. I'll run some simulations with nearby Beverages open and then
terminated to see what is best. I bet it's best to terminate the unused
Beverages. Otherwise, there will be some backward crosstalk from the
unterminated Beverage to the nearby Beverage as the signal reflects off of
the unterminated end and travels to the terminated end.

It seems a direction-reversing Beverage can be built using a length of coax
for the Beverage wire. For the "normal" direction use the shield as the
Beverage and feed as usual.  For the "reverse" direction, use the shield as
the antenna and feed the signal, from the far end, back through the coax,
taking care to match, terminate, and ground as required. Double shielded coax
would be the thing to use to reduce leakage from the reverse direction signal
getting into the coax.

   Dave WX7G

multipart/alternative
  text/html