Topband: matching an inverted-L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: matching an inverted-L
From: f.rura@radium.ncsc.mil (Rura, Francis J.)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:04:26 -0500
I side with Wes N5WA on this issue - direct coax feed does the trick.
Adding reactances along the way just complicates everything, and
further limits the utility of the antenna. Using direct feed on my
Inverted-L
(70 feet vertical, over a tree limb, approximately 70 feet horizontal
(pruned
for minimum SWR) gives me matching which is close enough. Direct
matching also allows me to use this antenna on other bands, where it
is especially effective on 30 meters. The ability to apply direct feed is
just another of the many joys of the 160 meter inverted-L antenna system.

Frank // WB3AVN //