Topband: Noise Canceller, noise antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noise Canceller, noise antennas
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:29:06 -0800 (PST)
I've been following this thread with interest. I've
considered getting an MFJ-1025 and wonder what the
collective wisdom is on what kind of noise antennas
work well. If/when I get a 1025, I have the following
options for a noise antenna:

(the xmit antenna for 80/160 is a 60ft vertical with
top hat)

(1) An 80M inverted vee at 60 ft on the tower about 70
ft from the xmit antenna.

(2) An 80M dipole at about 8 ft high located 90 ft
from the xmit antenna.

(3) I could install a 25-30 ft high vertical with
several radials which would be 90-100 ft from the xmit
antenna.

Antennas 1 & 2 are already in place, #3 would need to
be constructed.

Any thoughts appreciated!

BTW, great antenna WX here, had 10 inches of snow
yesterday.

73, Stew K3ND