Topband: titanex v160hd

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: titanex v160hd
From: jbattin@msn.com (jbattin)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:35:18 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: <Dl8las@aol.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 12:53 PM

> Hello,
> is  there anybody who use the titanex v160hd antenna????
> please can you tell  me some information and tipps, please tell me positiv
> and negativ
> from this antenna!
>
> Thanks
> Andree
> DL8LAS

I have four V80HD in an 80 meter 4 square and 13 V160HD ... four in a 4
square and nine in a large array. I have extended the 160HD to 110 feet by
changing two of the 3 meter tubes to 6 meters. I guy all of them regardless
of the fact they are sold as free standing. My 80 meter antennas were
without guys for one winter, and it scared me to death ... so I guyed them.
I have had a couple failures, but I believe these bugs have been taken out
of the present design. I will know more after this winter. If you have
specific questions, let me know.
John K9DX