Topband: Shunt feeding caps.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shunt feeding caps.
From: G3XRJ@btinternet.com (John - G3XRJ -)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 19:33:45 -0000
Bob, I found that ceramic capacitors got warm in my Gamma.
Measure the value of your variable cap. and
replace it with a length of coax cut to that value.
For the shunt C you'll need to trim the screen back
by 2cm to prevent arching at the open end.
Bind the open end with plenty of self amalgamating tape.
John  G3XRJ