Topband: Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks
From: w4an@CONTESTING.COM (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:26:20 -0500 (EST)
> "VK3ZL reported HE was bothered by keyclicks from K8XXX and W8QID and

FWIW, I reported this to the K8XXX team either last year or the year
before.  Obviously this wasn't a concern to them at least.

And, why should it?  They produce a really wide signal so that nobody can
get close to them and then have a competitive advantage.  The only way
this problem will be solved is by peer preasure.  I've e-mailed plenty of
guys with friendly non-threatening messages regarding the problem I
observed.  If everyone would do this, then maybe something would get done.

But going forward, if you land next to me clicking my frequency unusable,
you'll shortly find me zero beat with you... be damned the contest!  This
crap is getting old, and I'm not going to be punished for not clicking
myself.

Stations I observed this weekend in the short time I operated that had
clicks last year and this year were K9DX and K8XXX.

73

Bill Fisher, W4AN - Happy PAST-owner of two clicking FT-1000MPs