Topband: DX Window

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DX Window
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:01:38 -0700
I guess I haven't been reading the news well enough. Just why, when, and how
did the DX window dissapear? I did exactly as suggested below and tuned
right over those W/K stations who were CQing in the window. I just don't
understand why they can't find a spot outside of 1830-1835 to run their
fellow W/K ops.

The way I see it,  is that whether the "window" is cast in stone or not, any
non-DX station CQing between 1830-35 is saying one of two things:

1) I'm new and I don't know better please explain how things work so I can
learn.
2) I'm arrogant and I don't give a flip what you think.

It is sort of like riding in a crowded elevator. It's not against the law to
pass wind in there, but that doesn't mean it don't stink!

All the best,
Matt--K7BG

K8MN
-------
One of the problems with those North American stations CQing in the
window is that people respond to their CQs.  If they received no

 K8MN