Topband: yv5mbx - Inverted - L questions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: yv5mbx - Inverted - L questions
From: Javier Lòpez <jlopez@plasticosomega.com> (Javier Lòpez)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:55:30 -0400
Merry Xtmas & Happy New Year for al the member of this list from our =
modest station!!!

After receive a lot of help regarding my last posts wich I appreciatte a =
lot, I was able to set-up an inverted-L for 160 mts. (At least I think =
so!!!).

The values obtained at the feed point were R=3D0 / X=3D115-123

I put a 500 pf variable capacitor in series with a piece of coax and the =
minimmun swr obtained was 1.5 with the following values R=3D49 X=3D21 / =
I take it out the capacitor & measured the capacitance value at the =
freq. and the result was 426pf Xc=3D200.

All the values were taken using an MFJ Analizer.

I hope to have the chance to buy the coax required to go up to the =
station tomorrow, so the question is:

Are reasonable enough those values, because I think that with the coax =
(RG-213) the swr must go down a little.

Could you give me any recommendation to achieve 1:1 at the desired =
Freq????

73's
Javier & Susan
yv5mbx & yv5mbu