Topband: propagation during the Stew Perry test

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: propagation during the Stew Perry test
From: richard@karlquist.com (Richard Karlquist)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:13:49 -0800
>From California, condx seemed to be excellent;
there was just a dearth of activity.  The
noise level was very low, and I had no trouble
hearing KH6AT when he came back to my CQ, even though
I was listening on the East beverage.
All the KH6's were armchair copy on the West beverage.
I only worked a handful of JA's, but they
were mostly armchair copy, and came right
back on the first call.  East coast stations
were a little easier to copy than during
the ARRL.  W8JI was positively booming in
when he called me after his sunrise.
KV4FZ (is this Herb's call again?) had a nice
signal for an easy 12 pointer.  No other DX was heard.

Rick Karlquist    N6RK
richard@karlquist.com
www.n6rk.com
www.karlquist.com