Topband: Rx antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rx antennas
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 10:09:47 -0500
**  I used to see 5w in my Beverage antenna during Tx until I added a
coax-shorting on Tx relay.  Another possibility is backto back
hot-carrier rectifiers.  These should limit the RF potential on the coax
to around 0.4v=peak.    A third solution is to listen to distant a remote
receiver.  This not only allows one to monitor one's own signal but it
frequently improves received signal to noise ratio.  Many remote
receivers are presently available on the Internet.