Topband: Great NA opening

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Great NA opening
From: sire@iinet.net.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 07:03:10 +0800
G'day all

I switched on last night at about 1230Z, looking hopefully for 8N1OGA, to
find the band wide open into North America.

East coast sunrise was well past, but the band was still open an hour later
when I was forced to QRT to go to sleep (big working day tomorrow).  Rather
than the spotlight propagation that I have experienced this year, the
opening was solid, moving across NA as the sun came up.  About 40 stations
went into the log, from the mid-west right through to the west coast, with
Bill VE3CSK calling in with his usual excellent signal from Ontario.

I will try and get on earlier tonite, to give some of the east coasters a
chance, if the propagation is as good again.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ