Topband: measuring skew on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: measuring skew on 160
From: df2py@t-online.de (DF2PY)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:59:02 +0100
hi reflectees !
Although it is of pure academic interest it might be interesting to quantify
the
skew.By permitting certain scientific incorrectness and simplifying of
propagation models, i guess it is pretty safe to say the following.
If we had the time lag of the tx sig on 160 calculated, which could be done by
tying the phase to a direct travelling sig ( such as a longwave sig ), we would
be fairly easy able to tell about the magnitude of skew, of course we need to
correct for chordial hopping etc.But this is an approach for someone really
into
the hard- and software aspect of it.Being more pragmatic about it means to have
more than one rx antenna and then get some experience with it.
73 de wolf