Topband: Rotatable Delta Loop

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rotatable Delta Loop
From: tracey.gardner at ntlworld.com (tracey.gardner)
Date: Tue Jan 28 16:41:34 2003
Can someone please put me right on the frequency patterns/responses of the
EWE/Flag/Pennant?

 I know from experience that the K9AY keeps its cardioid pattern/response as
you go LF of it's design frequency, all the way down to VLF.
However as you move HF of the K9AYs design frequency it loses its cardioid
pattern/response.

If I understand things correctly these results seem to be at odds with the
way that the EWE/Flag/Pennant perform, ie they work equally well as you go
HF of their design frequency?
If that's the case what happens to the EWE/Flag/Pennant pattern/response as
you go LF of the design frequency?

I had imagined that all these terminated loops would work the same way, or
should I be looking at the EWE two close spaced verticals rather than a
terminated loop?

 73s Tracey