Topband: Contest Problems

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Contest Problems
From: rmread at attglobal.net (R Marshall-Read)
Date: Wed Jan 29 05:50:01 2003

Ford-N0FP wrote:

...SNIP...

  Sounds like somebody with a real lab could
write a best seller.  (know what I mean Tom? nudge nudge...)  Put me down
for a copy as soon as the ink dries.

...........Me Too!!!!

Bob Sherwood did a table and it its on his web site.  The rigs are not new,
and only the receiver is analysed, but that is what got me to thinking about
the TS830S and the Drake R4C a few years back.

If Tom is willing to do it, I am willing to ship a rig or two from here in
"G" land for him to test. (The 75A4 is a bit big, but a transceiver or two
won't break the bank)

I hope that Yaesu is listening, as I will NEVER buy their transceivers again
until they get their act together and I have been a Yaesu man for a long
time.

In the meanwhile, I am using my TS830S which hears well, sounds good on CW
and SSB, and is old enough that even I can fix it.

Bob G4VGO