Topband: from pj2/ae9b

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: from pj2/ae9b
From: tom at houserennerconst.com (tom@houserennerconst.com)
Date: Tue Mar 4 10:56:03 2003
Topbanders,
It has truely been a wonderful week at the PJ2T contest station.
The new beverage to europe has performed quite well and apparently conditions
have helped as well.
SEVERAL HUNDRED CONTACTS and 25 countries including 9A, DL, F, G, HA, HB, I,
OE, OH, OK, OM, ON, OX, PA, S5, SM, SP, SV T7, UA2, UR, YL, YU, FY, K , VE, XE.
I thank the PJ2T group and especially W0CG for installing the new beverage
before I came.
I couldn't dream of making this number of contacts on 160M from Kansas City in
a MONTH no less a WEEK!
Perhaps special gods shined on PJ2 this weekend.
I'm sure I missed many callers and apologize.
Monday night was especially difficult with tremendous QRN, after 48 hours of
contesting at breakneck rates.
Tueday night I believe I noticed some local noise perhaps from a light pole or
other noise creating device.
It was just enough to make solid copy poor and weak signal very difficult.
Thanks to all that made contacts, helped, encouraged (GL) etc. It was a good
experience and perhaps I can begin making these qso's from home.
Thanks and CU AGN

Tom
AE9B