Topband: BC Interference

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BC Interference
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri Apr 11 10:40:33 2003
By catching a clear callsign and city name, I've positively identified the
strong BC station buzzy broken carrier on 1853 that is splattering and
spitting from 1810 to 1880. (The broken-up carrier on 1853 is over S9 here.)

It is WTJS in Jackson Tn.

The engineer tells me they installed a new transmitter three weeks ago. They
have been aware for several days now the transmitter has a problem, but have
not even bothered to call the manufacturer that sold them the transmitter
yet.

Interesting change. I remember when I used to do BC Engineering work in the
70's. We would either immediately correct a problem or pull a transmitter
off the air if it had a problem like that. Now they don't even bother
looking at it.

73 Tom