Topband: Quarter wave Vs Eigth Wave

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Quarter wave Vs Eigth Wave
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun Apr 20 20:48:42 2003
> If the models don't represent real conditions, why bother?

The important thing is we understand the limitations, especially that
everything has some tolerance, and close calls (within a few dB) won't
always rank things correctly.

If we all lived by propagation and antenna predictions, there would be a
heck of a lot fewer DX ops working exceptional distances.

The bottom line is any person serious about his or her signal always should
do as much as they can with antennas and ground systems within the limits of
their own particular situation. Work always equals a more successful lowband
station.

73 Tom