Topband: Current, current, here's the current??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Current, current, here's the current??
From: jon.zaimes at dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Wed May 21 13:24:45 2003
Actually the screwdriver is a center-loaded antenna. The coil is exposed
between the base tube (the bottom half of the radiator) and the "stinger" whip
above it (the top half of the radiator). Inefficient as it is, mine has been
good for 25 countries on Top Band the past year -- including VK3 and several
Europeans with just 100 watts.

73/Jon AA1K