Topband: Orion receiver optimization doc

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Orion receiver optimization doc
From: NX4D at comcast.net (Doug Waller)
Date: Sat Jul 5 14:05:43 2003

> I did not get this impression at all.  There are several possible
> settings described for weak signal reception.  I assume the
> operator would make appropriate decisions based on the conditions
> that exist at the time.
>
> It seems like the Orion has enough possible settings to cover any
> condition ..... this is both a blessing and a curse.  To get the
> most out of it the operator will actually have to understand the
> controls and make some decisions.

Thanks for all the replies.  While some have extensively A/B'd, & then sent
their Orions back, others see a bright future for this radio.  Apparently
extra effort, more instructions,  & experience.......will be required to get
the best performance from the receiver on topband weak signal
reception........but is'nt that what 160 meters is all about.

I have saved up my dough, and remain open-minded & optimistic.

73, Doug / NX4D