Topband: Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antennas
From: w4eds at yahoo.com (Ed Smith)
Date: Wed Aug 6 21:27:05 2003
Two questions.

I have 75 acres to play with and would like to put in beverage antennas.
However, there is very little flat land here. I can run the beverages in a
straight line but they will follow land that can vary as much as 150 ft in
elevation. How effective would those beverages be? Should I continue relying on
loops?

Has anyone ever done analysis on a full wave or larger loop with two wires;
electrically tuning one of the wires either higher or lower to create a 2
element antenna that might possibly have a lower angle of radiation and maybe
some gain? I can get to a height of around 80 feet but that is too low for 160.

Thanks,

Ed Smith W4EDS