RE: Topband: E layer ionograms

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: E layer ionograms
From: "Charles Hutton" <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:38:20 -0700
Thanks to Carl (offlist) and Tom for the responses.

Carl: I am actually looking for real data not calculated values. Part of the
reason why is exactly what you mentioned; Davies' formula is only valid for
the "normal" picture away from auroral effects, sporadic E, etc.

Tom: I've looked at UMass, Tromso, the English ionosonde sites, the
Australian IPC, NOAA/NTIS, U of Lethbridge, a couple of Russian sites, etc,
etc and not found any actual archives of a solar cycle or summaries of a
cycle. UMass has good stuff but I've never been able to find archives there.

Any more ideas? All ideas gratefully accepted.

Chuck