Topband: Conditions on 1st day of spring.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Conditions on 1st day of spring.
From: Steve Ireland <sire@iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 07:02:49 +0800
G'day

With the start of spring and the Lance Johnson, I spent about one and half
hours listening on 160m last night, from my sunset at 0959Z.

Although the propagation seemed limited (or activity was low - I called CQ
DX on 1827.2 for some time with no callers), W8JI and K9DX were both
peaking around 599 at their sunrises.  The band seems to be waking up in VK6.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ