Re: Topband: rx antenna switch

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, <kb5njd@arrl.net>, <topband@contesting.com>, "Ronald Gorski" <R.Gorski@astronautics.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: rx antenna switch
From: "Brad Rehm" <brehm@ptitest.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:17:41 -0500
>Has anyone actually used one of these switches successfully for this
>purpose?  Could the fact that they are advertised as "high isolation"
>indicate that these are not just simple switches and may not pass a
signal
>in the HF/MF range?

A few years ago, I met the designer of a few of these Radio Shack
switches.  He happened to mention that they had paid close attention
to maintaining constant impedance and achieving good port-to-port
isolation in the design.  There were no networks or gimmicks in the
switches he had been associated with.  From business associations, I
know there are some good RF guys in the Tandy Towers in Fort Worth.

The only problem I've had with one of my switches has been that the
mechanism goes bad and the switch stops toggling.  But they're not
expensive....

The fact that they're 75 Ohm devices shouldn't be important for top
band applications.

73,
Brad
KV5V